The world has changed since Covid-19 took over the agenda, there’s no denying that.
Hopefully you’re safely isolated at home and enjoying precious time to reconnect with family members, or get into that new hobby you’ve been thinking about for ages but never found time. As weird and unsettling as it can sometimes feel, there are opportunities to make the most of the situtation in really positive ways.
But life goes on, and as organic human beings we have basic needs that mean we need STUFF. Of course by stuff, I mostly mean FOOD, but many people will also want to maintain their supplies of any regular medication they take too. And great music. Mustn’t run out of that, ever.
So if you’re isolating yourself to keep safe from coronavirus, how can you find information about the local places that might be offering delivery services?
Local facebook groups can be a great source of information, but the posts tend to come and go so quickly. It’s hard to keep track, or hard to find that post that you know you saw earlier with the great list of pharmacies doing deliveries. The info is probably there, but it’s messy!
That’s why I built this site – so that we can collectively crowd-source this kind of information, and build a community-driven directory to help people access the local resources that can help.
So far, the site has been running for less than a week and already has over 50 entries in my local area.
There are three initial categories of places you can search for:
- MEALS – typically restaurants and pubs / take out places that are offering delivery
- SHOPPING – any retailer offering a home delivery service
- PHARMACY – any pharmacy/chemist or particularly in rural communities, small GP practices.
- More categories can be added – please get in touch if you want to see a new category in place.
Are people using the site?
Yes! After checking the stats, I can share that the site only opened 5 days ago and has so far had 795 page views, from 188 different users. Not bad for a brand new site, but it should be getting thousands of views per DAY.
OK, I get it. What can I do to help?
Thanks for asking. There are two main things you can do to help.
- Please share the site on social media. Post it to Facetwit, and you know, all those other places I probably don’t know about because I’m not cool enough.
- Add new places to the map, if they’re not already listed.
- Keep following the guidelines to keep yourself and others safe.
- Don’t forget to look for the light amongst all the darkness. It’s there waiting to be found.